Full Hotplate to fit Weber Q
Now you can cook all those items you can’t cook on the grill plate. Fit the Full Size Flat Cast Iron Plate and cook the Aussie Way “Lid up, flat plate, drink in hand"
- You can now cook all those bacon & eggs, tomatoes, burgers, pancakes and all items you wish on one plate
- Designed to fit in place of the grill style plates that come with a Weber Q and create a full hotplate setup
- Designed with raised edges and hole in the centre for oils, etc to drop directly into the drip tray
- No more long waits for the plate to heat. No need to have lid down
- Cast iron is the super barbecue material, porcelain enamelled for long term protection
- For storage, put the hotplate in the barbecue, then turn the grills upside down and put on top of the plate, close the lid and put your BBQ away.
If travelling it is recommended to place a piece of cardboard between them to stop them rubbing to prevent scratching and rust
- Weight: 7.5kg
- Dimensions: 54 x 39 cm
- Fits: Weber Q200/Q220/Q2000/Q2200
*Not compatible with 2023 model Q2000N, Q2200N, Q2600N+ & Q2800N+
Designed by CAMPAQUIP Australia and has Australian REGISTERED DESIGN No 347851. Designs also registered in USA, NZ, Canada and Europe.
NATA laboratory tested to Australian Standard AS4557 (the standard used to by AGA for BBQ approvals) as a combination of Weber Q200 and our plate. Fully passed, test report available.
Is this a Weber brand product?
No, it is a Campaquip product.
Can I use 2 half plates to make a full plate?
No, the half plates rest directly against the manifold which means there is no gap between the plates to allow airflow through the BBQ causing a gas build up which is dangerous.
Campaquip has developed a plate that has sufficient gaps around the outside of the plate and manifold, as well as centre holes which allow for the airflow mentioned above. These holes also allow for excess fats and oils to drain. Not only is the plate safe but you are able to cook with the lid up or down without compromising your cook.
Do I have to cook with the lid down while using the Campaquip full plate?
No. The Campaquip full plate is safe to cook with the lid up or down. The full plate was developed for over 2 years to ensure the correct volume of metal is used to manufacture it which will accept and retain heat from the burners.
Will the flame go out with this plate?
No. It is designed with ample spaces as well as a hole in the middle of the plate which allows for sufficient airflow.
Will the BBQ overheat with the lid down?
No. Campaquip tests were carried out with the lid down. Campaquip has run a BBQ for over 2 hours with the lid down and there was no damage.
Does the plate sit over the grill plate?
No. It is designed to fit in to the position of the grill plate.
Will it damage my grill?
No. The Campaquip full plate has been developed & tested for over 2 years and more than 100 hours. This testing includes use with heat on one barbeque covering all areas of concern such as heat, fumes, flame, Carbon Dioxide, with lid up & lid down, and more.