Tent & Gear Solarproof - 500ml
Regular price $34.95 Sale price$29.95 Save 14%
Tax included. Shipping calculated at checkout.
The Easy To Use, Safe, High Performance Waterproofing And UV Blocker For All Synthetic Weatherproof Textiles.
- Adds Durable Water Repellency, increases fabric strength & protects against UV deterioration; one application can double the effective life of fabrics. Can be applied to wet or dry synthetic fabrics.
- Synthetic fabrics used for tents and rucksacks are coated with a water repellent treatment. Exposure to ultraviolet (UV) light both destroys the water repellency and leads to a reduction in fabric tear strength, significantly shortening the lifespan of equipment.
- The application of Nikwax Tent & Gear SolarProof can double the effective life of equipment by protecting against UV damage, while also providing Durable Water Repellency (DWR) to keep the rain out. Tents and rucksacks use synthetic fabrics, such as nylon or polyester, with a thin watertight polyurethane (PU) or elastomeric coating on the inside and a Durable Water Repellent (DWR) coating on the outside. This combination gives great strength and water resistance, combined with light weight; ideal attributes for outdoor equipment.
- Unfortunately these fabrics are vulnerable to sunlight and in two weeks of continuous exposure, can lose up to half of their strength. Additionally, the inner coating will degrade if it is left damp for long periods.
- Nikwax Tent & Gear SolarProof protects the entire fabric, from the effects of both UV and water.
- To most effectively benefit from the ultraviolet (UV) and Durable Water Repellent (DWR) protection of Nikwax Tent & Gear SolarProof it is best applied to equipment from new.
- During use the equipment fabric will pick up dirt and other contaminants which stop water from beading on the fabric surface. When this occurs the DWR can be revitalised by cleaning with Nikwax Tech Wash .
- Over time the DWR will wear off through use. Both the DWR and UV protection can be replenished by reapplication of Nikwax Tent & Gear SolarProof .Nikwax Tent & Gear SolarProof adds Durable Water Repellency (DWR), to the maximum testable standard, and ultraviolet (UV) protection, to inhibit the reduction of fabric tear strength caused by UV rays.
- Nikwax Tent & Gear SolarProof can be applied to wet or dry synthetic fabrics. It is WaterBased, non-aerosol, non-flammable, non-hazardous and environmentally friendly. It contains no harmful solvents or volatile organic compounds (VOCs), and is completely fluorocarbon free.
- Nikwax Tent & Gear SolarProof saves you money by potentially doubling the useful life of your gear.
- For best results always clean item(s) first. No need to dry item(s) before waterproofing.
- Protect working surface and lay clean wet item flat, or erect tent and wet
- Spray evenly to outside of fabric. Avoid rucksack straps
- Wait for 2 minutes. Remove any surplus product with a damp cloth
- Check carefully to ensure no areas have been missed
- After several minutes check for and remove surplus product with a damp cloth
- Use approximately 50ml of product per 1m2 of fabric. The coverage is approximate and depends on the condition of the fabric being treated.
**To waterproof cotton, polycotton or canvas use Nikwax Cotton Proof .
Supplier Code: NIK SOL 500