Footwear Cleaning Gel
The safe cleaner for all waterproof outdoor and sports footwear.
Cleans safely, revitalises breathability and water repellency.
Breathable waterproof footwear is most likely to get sweaty and wet inside when used in damp or wet conditions. If the outer fabric or leather absorbs water, the breathability of the footwear will be reduced. Therefore, the Durable Water Repellency (DWR) of your footwear must be maintained to ensure comfort. Through use, the outer surface of footwear will pick up contaminants, such as dirt, which attract water, masking the effect of any DWR coating.
Nikwax Footwear Cleaning Gel will remove contaminants and revitalise DWR When you re active and wearing footwear, your socks draw moisture away from your feet, keeping them dry. However, if your footwear absorbs water and wets out its breathability will be reduced. Moisture vapour will not be able to escape through the material, so your feet will feel clammy and wet.
Nikwax Footwear Cleaning Gel will revitalise the Durable Water Repellency (DWR) preventing water absorption, maintaining breathability and keeping your feet dry and comfortable. Your waterproof footwear could be soaking up water just because it is dirty. Through use, the outer surface of footwear will pick up contaminants, such as dirt, which attract water. This masks the effect of any Durable Water Repellent (DWR) coating, leading to footwear 'wetting out' in wet or damp conditions.
Cleaning waterproof footwear with Nikwax Footwear Cleaning Gel will not only remove contaminants, such as dirt, but also revitalise DWR, causing water to bead on the outer surface once more.
Recommended for Gore-Tex , eVENT & SympaTex footwear.
- Rinse item with clean water to remove loose mud and to dampen surface.
- Shake well before use. Press sponge applicator to break seal.
- Apply generously over the area to be cleaned.
- If very dirty scrub with a stiff nylon brush (e.g. nail brush).
- Rinse well with clean water.
- If required, apply appropriate Nikwax WaterBased waterproofing or conditioner while footwear is damp.
- Note: Color may run, test on a hidden area first.