Adds Durable Water Repellency and revives breathability - in a washing machine.
- Breathable waterproof garments are most likely to get sweaty and wet inside when used in damp or wet conditions. If the outer fabric absorbs water, the garment can lose up to 70% of its breathability. Therefore, the Durable Water Repellency (DWR) on the outer fabric of your jacket must be maintained to ensure comfort. It will eventually wear off and need to be renewed with Nikwax TX.Direct . When we work hard, we sweat. The evaporation of sweat cools us down and keeps us comfortable. But, when it rains we want to avoid getting wet, so we put on waterproof outerwear to keep us dry.
- The waterproof fabric must allow moisture vapour to pass through it, or 'breathe'; otherwise our sweat cannot evaporate, causing us to overheat and get wet from condensation. Additionally, if the outer fabric of your garment absorbs water and wets out its breathability will be reduced, causing you to feel clammy and wet.
- Nikwax TX.Direct adds Durable Water Repellency (DWR), which prevents water absorption, whilst maintaining breathability, keeping you dry and comfortabl Your raingear could be soaking up water just because it is dirty. First, try cleaning it with Nikwax Tech Wash , and if it is fairly new, or recently re-waterproofed, the Durable Water Repellency (DWR) will be revitalised just from cleaning. But, once the garment has been thoroughly worn, you will need to add DWR, using Nikwax TX.Direct , after cleaning first with Nikwax Tech Wash Nikwax TX.Direct Wash-In is the market leader. It is easy and quick to apply in a washing machine, and its highly Durable Water Repellency (DWR) develops on air drying. The washing machine application ensures that the treatment goes right through the garment, treating seams, tapes and cords, as well as the fabric. Also, as the need for tumble drying is removed, this saves energy and protects more vulnerable, older, garments from heat. Nikwax TX.Direct Wash-In has been specifically designed and optimised for breathable waterproof garments; it leaves a flexible water repellent treatment on individual fibres allowing moisture vapour to pass through, maintaining breathability.
- For best results remove all non-washable parts and always clean item(s) first with Nikwax Tech Wash in a separate wash cycle. No need to dry item(s) before waterproofing. Do not machine-wash garments if taped seams have become dislodged.
- Remove all detergent build up from the detergent dispenser.
- Place maximum of 2 clean garments in washing machine.
- Add sachet contents to detergent dispenser.
- Run 30°C synthetic cycle and slow spin.