The Easy To Use, Safe, High Performance Spray On Waterproofing For Wet Weather Clothing.
Adds Durable Water Repellency, revives breathability and maintains internal wicking properties.
- Breathable waterproof garments are most likely to get sweaty and wet inside when used in damp or wet conditions. If the outer fabric absorbs water, the garment can lose up to 70% of its breathability. Therefore, the Durable Water Repellency (DWR) on the outer fabric of your jacket must be maintained to ensure comfort. It will eventually wear off and need to be renewed with Nikwax TX.Direct . Your raingear could be soaking up water just because it is dirty. First, try cleaning it with Nikwax Tech Wash , and if it is fairly new, or recently re-waterproofed, the Durable Water Repellency (DWR) will be revitalised just from cleaning. But, once the garment has been thoroughly worn, you will need to add DWR, using Nikwax TX.Direct , after cleaning first with Nikwax Tech Wash . Alternative waterproofing products are often solvent-based aerosols; alternatively, they may be water-based and use fluorocarbons. Aerosol products are flammable. Fluorocarbons pose a potential risk to the environment and to the long-term health of the consumer.
- Nikwax TX.Direct Spray-On is a safe product to use on breathable waterproof items with wicking linings, or those that can t be machine washed. It is WaterBased, non-flammable, contains no volatile organic compounds (VOCs) and is fluorocarbon free. Nikwax TX.Direct Spray-On can be applied to the outer face fabric of waterproof clothing, providing Durable Water Repellency (DWR) without compromising internal wicking properties. It has been specifically designed and optimised for breathable waterproof clothing, providing DWR whilst maintaining breathability.
- Nikwax TX.Direct requires no heat to develop its DWR, so it is not necessary to use a tumble drier for best results. As garments with taped seams get older the tape adhesion weakens, becoming more fragile and susceptible to heat, so it is best to avoid tumble drying Nikwax TX.Direct Spray-On is easy and quick to apply, and its highly Durable Water Repellency (DWR) develops on air drying. The need for tumble drying is removed, this saves energy and protects more vulnerable, older, garments from heat. Nikwax TX.Direct Spray-On has been specifically designed and optimised for breathable waterproof garments; it leaves a flexible water repellent treatment on individual fibres allowing moisture vapour to pass through, maintaining breathability.
- The spray-on application allows for direct treatment of areas which require it most (e.g. elbows and seams on jackets) and will not compromise the properties of internal wicking liners.
- For best results remove all non-washable parts and always clean item(s) first with Nikwax Tech Wash . No need to dry item(s) before waterproofing.
- Protect working surface and lay clean wet fastened garment flat.
- Hold bottle 15 cm/6 inches away from garment.
- Apply evenly to outside of fabric.
- Wait for 2 minutes. Remove any surplus product with a damp cloth.
- Check carefully to ensure no areas have been missed.
- After several minutes check for and remove any surplus product with a damp cloth.