The full-colour guide to over 45 fantastic walks in the Shoalhaven, including Jervis Bay and Kangaroo Valley
Stretching from Berry to beyond Bawley Point, the Shoalhaven is a region of great natural beauty encompassing Jervis Bay, the Budawang Wilderness, and Murramarang National Park.
Regardless of your fitness level or experience, the best way to discover its stunning coastline and fascinating hinterland is to set off on foot.
This carefully updated 2nd edition Best Walks of the Shoalhaven, part of Woodslane's popular walking guides series, introduces the best walks for visitors and residents alike, ranging from leisurely beach strolls to the more rugged tracks deep in the bush.
What's included in the book?
- 24 easy walks, 15 medium walks, and 7 hard walks. Plus 20 walk variations
- Summary table of walk distances, grades, estimated durations, and highlights
- Accurate colour maps showing waypoints and nearby facilities
- Overview maps and directions to help you find the start of the walk
- Dog-friendly walks and tips for safe and eco-friendly walking
- Information about Shoalhaven history and environment
- Over 200 colour photographs
- Authors: Gillian Souter, John Souter
- Publisher: Woodslane Press
- ISBN: 9781925403558
- Publication Date: 20 July 2017 (2nd Edition)
- Pages: 240
Table of Contents
Introduction: Walk grades and times; What to take with you; Walking wisely; Walking with children; Taking your dog; Access to walks
Walks at a glance
Walks: Around Nowra
Walks: Kangaroo Valley
Walks: Jervis Bay
Walks: Around Ulladulla
Walks: Further afield
Shoalhaven wildflowers and birds