Best Walks of The Illawarra
The Full-Colour Guide to over 40 Fantastic Walks
Stretching south from Helensburgh to beyond Kiama, the Illawarra is a region of diverse landscapes and rich history, with a sparkling coastline backed by a hinterland of rainforest and a dramatic escarpment.
Regardless of your fitness level or experience, the best way to discover these environments is to set off on foot. Best Walks of the Illawarra, part of the Woodslane's popular walking guides series, introduces the best walks for visitors and locals alike, ranging from strolls along the beach and wildflower walks across heathland to more difficult tracks up forested foothills.
What's included in the book?
- 20 easy walks, 20 medium walks, and 3 hard walks. Plus 20 walk variations.
- Easy-to-follow walking instructions
- An atlas section to help find the start of the walk
- Summary 'at a glance' table of walk distances, grades, and times
- Dog-friendly walks and tips for safe and eco-friendly walking
- Information on the Illawarra's history and environment
- Identification charts for most commonly seen wildflowers and birds
- Accurate, full-colour maps showing waypoints and nearby facilities
- Over 200 full-colour photographs
- Author: John Souter, Gillian Souter
- Publisher: Woodslane Press
- ISBN: 9781925868456
- Published Date: 23rd November 2020 (2nd Edition)
- Pages: 224
Table of Contents
Walk grades and times
What to take with you
Walking with children
Taking your dog; Access to walks
Walks at a Glance
Jamberoo and above
Illawarra flora and birdlife